a Norwich Navigators, Double A Eastern League affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, spots blog.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Welcome to Thunderdome (aka Dodd Stadium)..


as the Navs pound Trenton into the ground 13-0. Pat Misch went 7 innings and Scott Chaission pitched the last two as the Thunder managed only 4 hits. The Navigators bats were the big story--everyone got at least a hit;, seven players with rbi's and two LONG HR's--a solo shot by Carlos V. and the other a 3 run bomb halfway up the batters eye in dead center by Chris Curry who went 4-5 on the game. I'm sure I've seen home runs hit the batters eye before but just can't remember them. It was a shot. Thunder left fielder Micheal Coleman (ex-Yankee/Red Sox) turned every ball hit out to him an adventure. He misplayed at least three balls hit to him and was lifted mid game.
Misc. Fan notes: The Red Cross/Navigators had a table set up for storm relief. $10 got you 4 tickets to Monday's game and 4 tee shirts. Great deal and worthy cause. Free ticket for me yet again! Vouchers left on the ticket box window ledge for the taking so I scopped one up and used it for the game ticket. Saved $5 by doing this and that $5.00 is now worth a gallon and half of gas these days. I still have my last two paid vouchers left; one for Friday and one for Monday. No news on the name change. Gift store at 50% off and is beginning to thin out some. Ballpark superstition--serious fans have them and I'm no exception. I like to wander for section to section during the course of the game and when the Navs score I'll sit in that seat until the other team scores or the Navs don't score. Tonight the Navs got runs in the first five inning and I was stuck in section 12 most of the game. Sent the new asst. GM a welcome aboard e-mail last night and got a thank you reply today. Gas at the 7-11 at the bottom of the hill is $2.99--cheapest I saw today and yes I topped off.
Roster moves: Congrats to Eliezer Alfonzo who goes up to Triple A and welcome back pitcher Mitch Walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home