a Norwich Navigators, Double A Eastern League affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, spots blog.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

MLBB All-Star Game blues


Well I tried. I turned on Fox at 8PM and I'm greeted by Billy Bob Thorton selling his latest movie and God knows what else. I flipped and came back to Fox and something else was going on. I just don't care about it anymore. Yeah I know it counts toward home field in the World Series and as a hopeful (this season) Yankee fan I should care but I don't. Why? Sign of the times I guess. I'm 50 this year, and when I was coming up you had the game of the week Saturdays on NBC and maybe if you were lucky a Yankee or Red Sox game on once in a while. Today if you have the means you can watch every game; AL or NL and that's great. But back in pre-cable TV days this was my only shot to see certain players play and come alive off my Topps baseball cards and it was a treat; especially the pitcher/batter matchups. It was also a chance to see certain parks for the first time like the AstroDome. Interleague play, which I love, cuts down my interest. Now the All-Star Game is a prime time made for TV event; yes Virginia it used to be played in the afternoon. Anyway I'm re-reading the Joe D. book "The Hero's Life" by Richard Cramer which holds my attention far better. I'll probably check out the Eastern League All-Star game Wed. night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home